In order to give the best possible medical attention, we make every effort to adhere to the following guidelines:
- A true emergency such as an animal that has been injured by a car, has difficulty breathing, or has an obstructed urinary tract, will be taken immediately, with or without a previously scheduled appointment. Emergency fees apply to these appointments.
- Patients with urgent medical problems will be seen the day their owners call. Appointment times are purposely left open and designated for this. It is important to see the doctor who is most available, even if it is not your regular doctor, so your pet can benefit from immediate intervention.
- All other visits require an appointment to ensure our clients receive punctual and quality care.
- Walk-ins of all kinds will incur an emergency fee. We encourage calling ahead.
- Annual vaccinations and other routine care must wait for the first available appointment. It is in your best interest to schedule routine appointments as early in advance as possible so we can accommodate you by giving you the day and time you request.
- We dedicate ourselves to our existing patients, clientele, and referral veterinarians. If you are referred to Townsend Veterinary Hospital by your veterinarian, we are honored to be chosen to help your pet with their medical or surgical problem. However, we will be unable to see your pet for any routine veterinary services. We encourage you to see your regular veterinarian for those services.
- We understand how important your time is and apologize if we keep you waiting. Unfortunately, we cannot predict emergencies or the seriousness of each appointment, and this can cause us to run late. We appreciate your patience and strive to exceed your expectations.
Payment Options at Townsend Veterinary Hospital
At Townsend Veterinary Hospital, our main concern is the health and well-being of your pet. We want you to have every opportunity to provide the care and treatment your pet needs, yet we understand that finances can sometime hinder this goal.
Since full payment is required at the time services are rendered, we accept cash, personal checks (We do not accept checks for a first visit), Visa/MasterCard credit or debit cards, and the Discover Card. Please take a moment to review the following considerations, which can help you meet the cost of your pet’s care:
- Estimates: Please don’t ever hesitate to ask your doctor or a front desk assistant to create an estimate of charges for any treatment recommended for your pet. When laboratory tests and medications are factored in, even an annual wellness exam for a healthy pet can be more costly than you may expect. We want to help you make fully informed decisions regarding your pet’s health, and this includes financial as well as medical considerations. While our doctors are committed to providing optimum care for our patients, they may be able to offer acceptable alternative treatment plans if needed.
- Pet insurance is becoming more popular and, while it doesn’t cover everything, it can be a huge help should your pet suffer an unexpected illness or accident. Brochures from a number of companies are available in our lobby. Every company is different, so it’s a good idea to visit www.PetInsuranceReview.com and compare policies to find the one best suited for you and your pet.
- CareCredit (www.carecredit.com/vetmed) is a service that, if you are approved, will extend you a line of credit for medical expenses, and can be used at our hospital as well as at many other veterinary and human medical and dental offices. While you may open a CareCredit account at any time, this option is most attractive when you have a large bill to pay (over $300) because of CareCredit’s interest-free financing option, which can extend from three to twelve months depending on the size of your opening balance.
- You can fill out the application for CareCredit at home or our receptionists can help you fill out the application, which is typically approved within 20 minutes. We hope this method of extended credit provides you the opportunity to do therapy that may have otherwise been considered unaffordable.
We wish that finances didn’t need to be discussed at a time when the health of your pet is of primary importance. Our goal is to provide state-of-the-art diagnostics, patient care, and surgery, with exceptional client service. We want your pet to have the best!